- US$88,500 o.n.o.
- Body Type: Roadster
- Vehicle Location: USA
- Ref: TWNM00245
- Year Built: 1965
- Engine Size: 10.0L
- Trans: Manual
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Ext color: Velvet Black
- Int color: Red Repro SS
TrueWest Imports is extremely proud to have been given the opportunity to offer for sale this absolute BEAST of a vehicle
This over the top Cobra, totally engineered and fabricated by the owner (a former GM automotive engineer), took nearly 20 years to complete. This is NOT a kit car nor is it based on a donor car.
The result is a monster of a vehicle, in both performance and technical specifications.
This Cobra also continues to prove formidable under the bright lights of the show circuit shown by winning the Best of Class “Hand Built Sports” award at the recent 59th Annual Portland Roadster Show.
This is a “one-of-a-kind” body, with extra wide rear fenders. It has been meticulously painted in custom Velvet Black paint with gloss Black stripes and numbers.
The interior features custom “flame turned” aluminium interior panels and console. The dash houses a full complement of precision gauges and essential switches. It also has tyre temperature monitoring computer with dash display.
Engine and Driveline:
The kind of “nasty” that the owner was looking for was easy to obtain with the application of a 600 cu. in. (9.83L) SVO Ford Big Block M-6010-A460 bulletproof engine: featuring;
- a massive splayed 4-bolt mains;
- “siamesed” bores (NOTE: Siamese blocks are solid casting between the cylinder bores. There are no water passages between them. This is done to increase the strength of the block);
- screwed in freeze plugs (NOTE: A Freeze Plug is an expansion plug located in the side of an engine block that is designed to protect the block against freeze damage. Water expands when it turns to ice, and if the coolant doesn’t have enough antifreeze protection it can freeze and crack the engine block. The freeze plugs (there are usually several) are supposed to pop out under such conditions to relieve the pressure on the block);
- a ¾” solid oil pan rail;
- 724+ HP (540+ kW)and monstrous 805 ft-lb (1092nm) torque (dyno’d); 6,250 rpm redline;
- 4.605″ bore x 4-½” stroke (600 cubes – 10 litres);
- Port fuel injected (SDS with programmable shift light and fuel cut rev limiter);
- Dry sump oiling system (Stock Car Products 4 stage pump; Moroso tank; custom breather);
- Alan Root Motorsport heads and manifold (ported) M-6049-B460; 2.3″ intake; 1.9 exhaust; titanium keepers, etc.;
- 65 lb/hr port injectors run by an SDS computer – mapped on the dyno;
- ½” fuel rails running at 55 psi, fed by an Aeromotive A1000 pump and regulator;
- 4-¼” diameter (108mm) custom billet aluminium throttle body (approx 2,300 cfm capable);
- Forged 4340 rods;
- Forged 4-½” stroker crank;
- JE pistons – 10.6:1 compression – runs on premium petrol;
- Comp cams custom ground hydraulic rollers;
- Crower stainless steel needle roller rockers;
- Blueprinted distributor fired by MSD;
- 2″ headers with copper flange gaskets;
- Tilton block plate starter; Lakewood bell housing;
- Fluidampr performance harmonic balancer damper;
- Aluminium water pump and custom pulleys;
- 100 amp one-wire alternator;
- Transmission: TKO 600 5 speed with 0.64 OD;
- Triple plate custom 1,000 ft-lb Kevlar clutch on a 12 lb aluminium flywheel (Zoom);
- Engineered Custom Fabricated Rear End: computer optimized geometry; Franklin Champ Quick Change; Speedway Eng IRS side bells; 4:11 main gear; #15 change gear = 3.91 overall ratio for 200 mph (320 kmh) at an easy to achieve 5,800 RPM in 5th gear OD; Detroit locker differential; 128mm OD Lobro Racing CV joints; 1-1/2″ axles
Engineered Custom Fabricated Front End: computer optimized geometry; pushrod actuated inboard coil-overs; “Lola-style” billet aluminium uprights; power rack and pinion; Borgeson steering with collapsible shaft;
- Brakes: 11.75 ventilated rotors; JFZ 4 piston calipers – two pair front, one pair rear; three Tilton master cylinders; 66/33 brake bias; line lock on one pair of front calipers;
- Tubular space frame measuring 3,500 ft-lb per degree torsional rigidity;
2,850 lbs (1293kg) “soaking wet” with a weight distribution of 47% front, 53% rear;
- Aeroquip plumbing – dash 12 oil; dash 10 fuel;
- Black ceramic coated headers, custom full length side pipe shields, and roll bar; and
- Fluidyne custom aluminium radiator and hood louvres keep it cool
Wheels and Tires:
- Custom modular wheels with knock-off hubs;
- Hoosier road race tires 23.5×11.5-16 front, 27.0×14-16 rear.
Hear it run! See a short clip of the “8 Ball” Cobra Roadster’s 600 inch big block Ford engine start-up and the beginning of a cruise
There are many more photographs of this extremely rare “one-of-a-kind” vehicle available on request.
The price listed is in US$ but I can provide you with an all-inclusive “as landed” cost to have this extraordinary example of an original part of Hot Rod history imported to Fremantle or any other Port in Australia or New Zealand.
This vehicle is located in the US and the price shown does not include any applicable GST or the costs of importing the vehicles into Australia. See out FAQ page for information relating to costs, taxes and regulation.